Samstag, 6. April 2013

Neu, nicht unbedingt besser / Primärfarben || New, not necessarily better / Primary colours

Es kann toll sein, neue Sachen auszuprobieren. Aber manchmal ist es besser, die Sachen beim Alten zu belassen. Weil es schon seinen Grund hatte, dass du etwas so lange auf eine bestimmte Art und Weise getan hast.

It can be great to try out new things. But sometimes it's better to stick to the way you have always done things. Because there is a reason you have done it this way for so long. 

Hört sich langweilig an. Hm, kann sein. Aber das ist, was ich dachte, als ich diese Bilder sah. Dieses Kleid trage ich gewöhnlicherweise mit Magenta. Schwarze Hose, schwarzes Hemd, magenta Kopftuch. Aber nein, ich wollte ja "was Neues ausprobieren" ... und griff nach dem roten Cardigan. Mit dem sieht es auch ok aus, aber bei Weitem nicht so gut wie mit dem magenta Kopftuch. (Ich glaube, es liegt daran, dass ich kein großer Fan von mehr als zwei Primärfarben in einem Outfit bin.)

Sounds boring? Well, maybe. But that's what I thought when I saw these pictures. I usually wear this dress with magenta. Black trousers, black shirt, magenta head scarf. But no, I had to "try something new" and reached for the red cardigan. And yes, it does look ok with the red cardigan, too, but nowhere as nice as with the magenta head scarf. (I'm not a big fan of more than two primary colours combined in one outfit, I guess that's what it is.)

Oh, und ich will hier nicht sagen, dass ihr nichts Neues ausprobieren solltet. Klar sollt ihr! Was ich sagen will ist, dass ich denke, man muss nicht jedes Mal, wenn man ein Outfit zusammenstellt, dabei superkreativ sein.

Oh, and by no means am I trying to tell you not to try out new things. No, go for it! I suppose what I'm trying to say is that you can but you don't have to be super creative when you put an outfit together.

 

Kopftuch: Whitechapel Market, London (3 GBP)
Kette: Geschenk
Cardigan: Charity-Shop, London (3 GBP)
Kleid: Promod-Sale, Wien (10 EUR)
Hose: Oxfam, Deutschland (10 EUR)
= 23 GBP / 27 EUR

 
 
Head scarf: Whitechapel Market, London (3 GBP)
Necklace: Gift
Cardigan: Charity shop, London (3 GBP)
Dress: Promod sale, Vienna (10 EUR)
Trousers: Oxfam, Germany (10 EUR)
= 23 GBP / 27 EUR




2 Kommentare:

  1. it's beautiful, and I love the print and colours of your dress. that's exactly what I did today, I stuck to the basics! :)) sometimes the basics are the way to go :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh, I love this dress, it is long enough, loose enough, made from cotton - the kind of dresses you can just throw on and don't have to think about it any more :)

    And yes, it does look ok worn like this, but you should see it with the magenta scarf - much better (if I may say so myself :P )

    AntwortenLöschen

Danke für eure Kommentare, aber bitte denkt dran, dass dies ein anonymer Blog ist, also falls ihr mich persönlich kennt, bitte nennt hier meinen Namen (oder andere persönliche Details) nicht!

Thank you for your comments, but please remember that this is an anonymous blog, so in case you know me please do not mention my name or any other personal details!